I can’t believe I didn’t ever post these pictures. Sometime in December, I took a small group of students along with our community outreach coordinator to Google. He planned it all, I mostly showed up cause it sounded like an amazing … Continue reading
Last weekend after the yummy crab lunch, Annie, Natasha and I attended one of the many Google Holiday party, this particular one for the Apps Division. It was perhaps the best night in a long time. The party was up in … Continue reading
In the last 3 weeks of summer I have:
- Gone berry-picking with my brother
- Watched Frozen with my brother
- Made strawberry shortcake-yum!
- Visited Natasha at Google, again!
- Had a girls weekend in Pittsburgh with my mother, including these delicious waffles!
- Watched a rain and thunderstorm in Pittsburgh, just outside of this building
- Saw my very first drive-in movie (How to Train Your Dragon 2)
- Had a beach day with my girls, and used my newly finished t-shirt quilt!
- Followed up the beach-day with some fantastic horchata ice cream from Marianne’s
- Participated in our family portraits photo-shoot, taken by the talented Andria Hautamaki (more photos coming!) Aren’t we a cute ‘lil family?!
- Knocked 2 things off my 101 list!
So far, its been a great 3 weeks of summer! How’s your summer going? How was your 4th of July? What did you do for it?
I met my friend Natasha for lunch at Google, which is where she works. She gave me a lovely tour and allowed me to walk beside her her dumbfounded and gawking over how AMAZING the Googleplex was.
They had art everywhere (inside and out), amazing statues, outside furniture for days, and bikes for people to get around between buildings.
We got lunch in the Atom Cafe where they had these fantastic food statues outside:
Now I want to work at Google. We even tried three different kinds of fro-yo, at three different dining halls! It was an adventure, but Natasha was a doll about everything!
Here is a shout-out to my friend Sunny , who successfully finished her second day at Google today!! I know one day soon I will be bothering her about visiting her Google. :]
The family that I babysit for has two snuggly cats (Claire and Tabitha). They both love to jump onto my lap after the baby has gone down for her nap. Today, it was Claire who snagged the space on the couch next to me.
My friend Kim and I met up initially to work out, but after a new development occurred (more about that tomorrow!!), we changed plans and grabbed sushi. It was the perfect finish to a great day. We got these fruity little drinks.
They were yummy and put both of us in a great mood.
I ordered some gyoza and vegetable tempura. It was delicious and hit the spot. A girls night out was just what I needed.
I got home and mail call came late today. My new phone case came in and I love it already! I went for the less cute but more durable option, because let’s face it people, I tend to be pretty accident prone and very clutzy. Buuuuttt it’s still nautical AND blue and has my name on it!
How was your Tuesday? Were you able to take a break and enjoy some you time at all today? Did you get anything fun in the mail?