Hello Friends, On our next day of our trip, we were determined to find the best bagel in all of Montréal. We ended up trying two different bagel shops: La Maison de L’original Fairmount Bagel and the Boulangerie St. Viateur, and … Continue reading
Tag Archives: Canada
Montreal Part 1- Bakery, Marché, Notré-Dame
Hello Friends, In the fall, my dad and I got together for dinner and starting thinking about locations for my Spring Break. I feel so lucky to have a whole week off in the spring, and usually spend it traveling … Continue reading
101 in 1001
I’m inspired by Mackenzie of Design Darling (which, if you don’t read, you totally should!) and Carly of College Prepster in creating a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. 1001 days, which is 2.75 years, is the enough time to do things without it being a total bucket list.
I stole some ideas from their lists, and then added a few of my own!
I’m officially starting mine on January first so my end date is September 28th, 2016.
Completed Items: crossed out.
In progress items: Italics.
101 in 1001
Inspire someone to write a list of their own (Maryah in Jan 2014) Go wine tasting with friends or family ( Jan 11th, 2014)
- Learn to play an instrument
- Go hot air ballooning
- Make cake balls
- Invest in a food processor
- Climb a tall mountain
- Go sky diving
- Visit a new continent
- Go zip-lining (I’ve got my eye on your Mt. Hermon)
- Build my dream closet
- Upgrade to a DSLR camera
- Go to a taylor swift concert
- Buy a house/car/condo/boat, something!
- Visit the Anne Frank house
- Get my own puppy
- Run a marathon (the San Francisco one in July maybe?)
- Spend a day at a spa
- Visit a castle (ideally this one: Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, Germany)
- Take a tour the white house (planned for July this summer)
Fast for three days (March 2014)
- Visit the Harry Potter World in Florida
- Tour Hearst Castle (on our road trip hit list this summer)
- Visit Canada (on our road trip hit list this summer)
- Donate money on Kiva
- Go paint balling
- Send a message in a bottle
- Buy a large jewelry box for all my bangles and earrings
- Invest in Tory Birch boots
- Take photos under the hollywood sign (planned for this June)
- Take photos with lit sparklers
- Learn to shoot a bow and arrow
- Order business cards
- Invest in a classic handbag (Frank Clegg/Tory Birch/Coach/Kate Spade)
Organize my Itunes (January 1st, 2014)
- Send out christmas cards on time
- Throw a surprise party for a friend
- Buy my first piece of furniture
Find my signature cocktail (January 13th, 2014) Lemon Drop
- Attend a horse race or polo match
Track my spending for a month January and February 2014)
- Drink 8 glasses of water (50 oz) every day for at least one week.
- Buy personalised luggage
- Throw my first sunday brunch party
- Blog for 30 days straight
- Top up my emergency funds for a total of one year’s rent money (almost at 6months)
- Get a mani and pedi that match (scheduled for June 2014)
- Set up a photo shoot for the whole family
- Meet a fellow blogger in real life
- Find a set of china that i love
Don’t eat out for one month (February 2014)
- Write a guest post for another blog
Buy all the Gilmore Girls DVD’s (Yay!)
- Invest in my first piece of tiffany’s jewelry
- Learn the sock bun successfully(I plan on asking Brandy/Amy)
- Cook dinner every night for a week (0/7)
- Buy myself flowers every week for a month (0/4)
- Go one month without buying Starbucks (February here I come)
- Invest in nice undergarments
- See a second Frank Lloyd Wright home
- Purchase or make a bar cart
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle by myself
Buy a plane ticket with my frequent flier miles only (Santa Fe Tickets there & back)
- Come up with a way to organize ALL jewelry
- Take an Instagram photo errr’day for a month (in progress!)
Do a “no spend month” (February 2014) Create a gallery wall (in my classroom January 2014)
- Create a custom blog logo
- See the Great Gatsby movie (this one)
Do a three day juice cleanse (March 2014)
- Throw a masquerade party
- Be in a fashion photo shoot
- Participate in a color run (This Saturday!)
- Keep a food journal for one month
- Try hot yoga
- Find an infinity scarf i don’t feel silly in
- Go without “bedtime tv” for a week
- Unplug for a whole weekend
- Reach my ideal weight
- Read & watch every Jane Austen Novel/Movie (watched 3/5) (read 1/5)
- Update my good reads profile for three months.
- Go on a road trip (planned for July this summer)
- Make fig jam/red wine jelly with my mom
Drink a glass of wine every night for a week (February 2014)
- Eat “clean” for one whole week
- Get a blow out at a “dry bar” just because
- Ride in a limo
- Try a spinning class
- Invest in a monogrammed necklace or bracelet
- Finish my T-shirt quilt
- Learn needlepoint
- Walk through a corn maze
- Buy more J.Crew blazers
Buy a new watch (March 2014)
- Take myself to the movies and watch a double feature
Buy a whole cd (March 2014)
- Have a stay-cation at home one day every weekend for a month
Get a hammock (January 2014)
- Learn calligraphy
- Get a new hairdryer (preferably this one)
- Put 10$ into savings for every goal accomplished
Ps. If I inspire you to write your own list and you DO, email me either your link or your list.. and I’ll link it to my list and get to cross one off.. Thanks!
16 Down, 85 more to go!
Sharon Springs, Niagara Falls and Statue Climbers
Before the wedding my father, Uncle Chip, Richard and I decided to go explore a local town called Sharon Springs, in search of coffee and breakfast snacks. The cafe wasn’t open when we arrived, so we wandered down the street to peek at the little downtown section.
We grabbed donuts and cappuccinos at the Black Cat Coffee shop.
On Friday, Richard and I picked up my cousin Andrew and his wife Katie from Jeannette’s house. We drove 4.5 hours from Troy to Niagara Falls. I was the only one that brought my passport, so we stayed on the American side. We stopped for pizza and wings for lunch, and munched on Dunkin’ Donuts as well.
We walked around the Falls for a bit, snapped tons of photos, and got tickets for the Maid in the Mist tour boat.
It was amazing! I loved how the water was rushing so loud, and disappeared off the edge. I know sometimes doing the touristy-thing can be lame, but this time it was fantastic!
Despite the blue ponchos they gave us, I was totally drenched.
We walked back to the car and saw some cool statues.My cousin and I had matching converse shoes! Can you tell which are his and which are mine?
Naturally, my cousin crawled onto a public monument while I took his photo. #ilovemyfamily
We drove back and crashed. It was one very long, but still lovely day! Did you do anything fun on Friday? Have you ever been to Niagara Falls? Have you been to any touristy places that you really enjoyed? (Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, White House, etc)?
You must be logged in to post a comment.