Hello Friends, You can read about my re-cap of our first two days in L.A here! Sunday dawned bright and sunny, and we uber-ed from our small hotel to Universal Studios. We had bought our tickets online, which got us early … Continue reading
I’m sure you’ve been busy just as I have with the holidays and spending time with your friends and family. Here are a few fun things to peek at in between dinners and presents!
1. Jimmy Fallon & Nicole Kidman….Almost:
So Funny. You must watch it. Such a missed chance on his part!
I know they had filmed the first one there at that location, and then weren’t able to get rights after that, so they made a set of it eventually. How cool! Would you want to live there?
3. 2 Year-old Shopping:
This cute toddler and his dad go shopping at Whole Foods and he gets to steer and select for his own tiny little cart. Kids are so funny.
4. The Lumineers: Sleep on the Floor.
This music video is pretty amazing. I love the filmography of it. Apparently the three songs they released recently are a triptych of some sorts. I was reading about it on their facebook page here.
5. HRC In the Wild: Apparently a twitter solely devoted to finding Hilary….living her life. I particularly love this neighbor selfie picture.
Hope your Holidays have been merry and relaxing!
Two weeks ago my best friend Annie and i flew to Florida. We have had this trip planned since last fall, and to say we were excited is a bit of an understatement. We flew out Friday and stayed at a local hotel adjacent to the park. We ended up getting a park to park pass so we could visit Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, which were basically the only two sections of the Universal Studios Park that we were interested in.
It was, without a doubt, the best weekend I’d had in a long time! We started off in Hogsmeade and then took the train over to Diagon Alley. I took a ton of photos, so this might be a long post.
I was like a kid in the candy shop, running around looking at everything and snapping a ton of photos. It was beautiful and sunny day. I tried the butterbeer nervously, but it was delicious! MY favorite was walking through all of the amazing decorations that that mimic’d things from the book (potions classroom, great hall, etc) as we waited in line for the ride inside of the castle.
I ended up getting a Chocolate Frog and a Gryffindor wax seal as my two momentos for the day. I feel like I need to have some sort of a harry potter party as an excuse to use my new seal!
Are you a harry potter fan? Are you excited about the new harry potter Hogsmeade coming to L.A this spring?
I’m inspired by Mackenzie of Design Darling (which, if you don’t read, you totally should!) and Carly of College Prepster in creating a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. 1001 days, which is 2.75 years, is the enough time to do things without it being a total bucket list.
I stole some ideas from their lists, and then added a few of my own!
I’m officially starting mine on January first so my end date is September 28th, 2016.
Completed Items: crossed out.
In progress items: Italics.
101 in 1001
Inspire someone to write a list of their own (Maryah in Jan 2014) Go wine tasting with friends or family ( Jan 11th, 2014)
- Learn to play an instrument
- Go hot air ballooning
- Make cake balls
- Invest in a food processor
- Climb a tall mountain
- Go sky diving
- Visit a new continent
- Go zip-lining (I’ve got my eye on your Mt. Hermon)
- Build my dream closet
- Upgrade to a DSLR camera
- Go to a taylor swift concert
- Buy a house/car/condo/boat, something!
- Visit the Anne Frank house
- Get my own puppy
- Run a marathon (the San Francisco one in July maybe?)
- Spend a day at a spa
- Visit a castle (ideally this one: Neuschwanstein in Bavaria, Germany)
- Take a tour the white house (planned for July this summer)
Fast for three days (March 2014)
- Visit the Harry Potter World in Florida
- Tour Hearst Castle (on our road trip hit list this summer)
- Visit Canada (on our road trip hit list this summer)
- Donate money on Kiva
- Go paint balling
- Send a message in a bottle
- Buy a large jewelry box for all my bangles and earrings
- Invest in Tory Birch boots
- Take photos under the hollywood sign (planned for this June)
- Take photos with lit sparklers
- Learn to shoot a bow and arrow
- Order business cards
- Invest in a classic handbag (Frank Clegg/Tory Birch/Coach/Kate Spade)
Organize my Itunes (January 1st, 2014)
- Send out christmas cards on time
- Throw a surprise party for a friend
- Buy my first piece of furniture
Find my signature cocktail (January 13th, 2014) Lemon Drop
- Attend a horse race or polo match
Track my spending for a month January and February 2014)
- Drink 8 glasses of water (50 oz) every day for at least one week.
- Buy personalised luggage
- Throw my first sunday brunch party
- Blog for 30 days straight
- Top up my emergency funds for a total of one year’s rent money (almost at 6months)
- Get a mani and pedi that match (scheduled for June 2014)
- Set up a photo shoot for the whole family
- Meet a fellow blogger in real life
- Find a set of china that i love
Don’t eat out for one month (February 2014)
- Write a guest post for another blog
Buy all the Gilmore Girls DVD’s (Yay!)
- Invest in my first piece of tiffany’s jewelry
- Learn the sock bun successfully(I plan on asking Brandy/Amy)
- Cook dinner every night for a week (0/7)
- Buy myself flowers every week for a month (0/4)
- Go one month without buying Starbucks (February here I come)
- Invest in nice undergarments
- See a second Frank Lloyd Wright home
- Purchase or make a bar cart
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle by myself
Buy a plane ticket with my frequent flier miles only (Santa Fe Tickets there & back)
- Come up with a way to organize ALL jewelry
- Take an Instagram photo errr’day for a month (in progress!)
Do a “no spend month” (February 2014) Create a gallery wall (in my classroom January 2014)
- Create a custom blog logo
- See the Great Gatsby movie (this one)
Do a three day juice cleanse (March 2014)
- Throw a masquerade party
- Be in a fashion photo shoot
- Participate in a color run (This Saturday!)
- Keep a food journal for one month
- Try hot yoga
- Find an infinity scarf i don’t feel silly in
- Go without “bedtime tv” for a week
- Unplug for a whole weekend
- Reach my ideal weight
- Read & watch every Jane Austen Novel/Movie (watched 3/5) (read 1/5)
- Update my good reads profile for three months.
- Go on a road trip (planned for July this summer)
- Make fig jam/red wine jelly with my mom
Drink a glass of wine every night for a week (February 2014)
- Eat “clean” for one whole week
- Get a blow out at a “dry bar” just because
- Ride in a limo
- Try a spinning class
- Invest in a monogrammed necklace or bracelet
- Finish my T-shirt quilt
- Learn needlepoint
- Walk through a corn maze
- Buy more J.Crew blazers
Buy a new watch (March 2014)
- Take myself to the movies and watch a double feature
Buy a whole cd (March 2014)
- Have a stay-cation at home one day every weekend for a month
Get a hammock (January 2014)
- Learn calligraphy
- Get a new hairdryer (preferably this one)
- Put 10$ into savings for every goal accomplished
Ps. If I inspire you to write your own list and you DO, email me either your link or your list.. and I’ll link it to my list and get to cross one off.. Thanks!
16 Down, 85 more to go!